Graduate student positions are available. Both Ph.D. and Masters' thesis
topics in mathematical biology and in computer algebra or both are
under consideration, and you would be joining an active group.
For details of current research projects, please see
a list of some recent publications .
Present and Former Grad Students
- Steven Thornton, PhD in progress
- Rob Moir, PhD in progress
- Yiming Zhang, PhD 2013 “Computation Sequences for Pertubation Methods”.
- Piers Lawrence, PhD 2013 “Eigenvalue Methods for Interpolation Bases”.
Quote: "I would never buy a Mac, they're just too easy to use."
- Hui Ding, PhD 2009 “Numerical and Symbolic Computation of the
Lambert W Function in Cn x n” (joint with David Jeffrey)
- Azar Shakoori, PhD 2007 “Bivariate Polynomial Solver by Values” (joint with Dhavide Aruliah)
- Jichao Zhao, PhD 2006 “Accurate Compact Finite Difference Method and
its Applications” (joint with Matt Davison)
- Amir Amiraslani, PhD 2006 “New Algorithms for Matrices, Polynomials and
Matrix Polynomials” (joint with Dhavide Aruliah)
- Marie-Paule Gagne-Portelance, PhD 2006 “Computing Feynman Integrals in Non-
(joint with Gerry McKeon)
- Silvana Ilie, PhD 2005 “Computational Complexity of Numerical Solutions of
Initial Value Problems for Differential Algebraic
Equations” (joint with Greg Reid)
- Mhenni Benghorbal, PhD 2004 “Power Series Solutions of Fractional DE’s and
- Hualiang Zhang, PhD 2000 “Non-harmonic Fourier Series and Applications” (with Andre Boivin)
- Xianping Liu PhD 1999 “Symbolic Tools for the Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamical
- Anne-Marie E. Allison, PhD 1998 “Analytical Investigation of a Semi-empirical Flow-
induced Vibration Model”
- Mohammad O. Ahmed, PhD 1997 “Exploration of Compact Methods for Numerical
Solution of PDE’s” (with Henning Rasmussen)
- Eunice Chan, MSc in progress
- Leili Rafiee Sevyeri, MSc in progress
- Nic Fillion, MSc 2011 “Backward Error Analysis as a Model of Computation”
- Robert Moir, MSc 2010 “Reconsidering Backward Error”
- Nargol Rezvani, MSc 2005 “Approximate Polynomials in Different Bases”
- Azar Shakoori, MSc 2003 “Solving Bivariate Polynomials by Eigenvalues”
- Xiaofang Xie, MSc 2001 “Symbolic Circuit Analysis in Maple” (with Stephen Watt)
- Dicheng Liu, MSc 2001 (Comp Sc) “A Notation Selection Tool for Math ML” (with Stephen Watt)
- Xianping Liu, MSc 1995 “Perturbation Package to Solve ODE’s in Maple”
- Valentin Vangelov, MSc 1990