All my recent papers on symbolic computation, except the ones on
the Lambert W function, or on Polynomial
Algebra By Values, are listed here. Links added as time permits.
Most recent ISSAC Paper:
Robert M. Corless, Mark W. Giesbrecht, Ilias S. Kotsireas, Mark van Hoeij,
and Stephen M. Watt, ``Towards Factoring Bivariate Approximate
Polynomials'', Proc. ISSAC 2001, London, Bernard Mourrain, ed, pp 85--92,
East Coast Computer Algebra Day 1998
(colour postscript form). The PDF form contains
curious Adobe Distiller errors---for example, it prints commas as Gamma functions,
once the font for Gamma is loaded I presume. Bizarre.
Emerging Tools (work in progress)
- Graph of the Julia set
Sigsam Bulletin Papers
- Robert M. Corless and David J. Jeffrey,
The Turing factorization of a rectangular matrix in progress.
- Robert M. Corless, ``Groebner Bases and Matrix Eigenproblems'',
Sigsam Bulletin Vol. 30, No. 4, Issue 118, (Dec. 1996) pp. 26--32
Postscript Form . Some tutorial material which is useful as an introduction
to this paper
was given in a lecture in my computer algebra class.
Postscript form of the lecture notes.
- Robert M. Corless and D. J. Jeffrey, ``The Unwinding Number",
Sigsam Bulletin Vol. 30, No. 2, Issue 116, (June 1996), pp. 28--35.
- Robert M. Corless, ``Cofactor Iteration", Sigsam Bulletin
Vol. 30, No. 1, Issue 115, (March 1996), pp. 34--38.
- Robert M. Corless, ``What is a solution to an ODE?",
Sigsam Bulletin, Vol. 27, No. 4, Issue 106 (Dec 1993) pp. 15--19.
- Robert M. Corless and D. J. Jeffrey, ``Well, it isn't
quite that simple", Sigsam Bulletin, vol. 26, No. 3, Issue 101
(1992) pp. 2--6.
- Robert M. Corless and D. J. Jeffrey, ``A Comparison of
Three Computer Algebra Systems for the Solution of a Problem
in Hydrodynamic Lubrication", Sigsam Bulletin Vol. 22, No. 2,
(1988) pp. 50--62.
- Robert M. Corless, P. M. Gianni, B. M. Trager,
``A reordered Schur factorization method for zero-dimensional
polynomial systems with multiple roots'', Proc.
ISSAC (Maui), W. Kuechlin, ed., pp 133--140, 1997
- Robert M. Corless, P. M. Gianni, B. M. Trager, and S. M. Watt,
``The Singular Value Decomposition for Polynomial Systems", Proceedings
ISSAC '95, Montreal, A. H. M. Levelt, ed, pp.
- Robert M. Corless, ``Sufficiency Conditions for the Calculus
of Variations", Proceedings ISSAC '94, Oxford, pp.
- Robert M. Corless and Honglin Ye, ``Solving linear integral
equations in Maple'', Proceedings ISSAC '92, Berkeley, pp. 95--.
Journal of Symbolic Computation
- Robert M. Corless, David J. Jeffrey, Michael B. Monagan, and
Pratibha, ``Two perturbation calculations in fluid mechanics using
large expression management",
in press . Note the page numbers
and the dates are incorrect; we used the JSC style files and the proper
dates will be inserted on actual publication.
- Mohammad O. Ahmed and Robert M. Corless, ``The
Method of Modified Equations in Maple'', Proceedings
of the 3rd International IMACS Symposium on Applications
of Computer Algebra, Michael Wester and Stanly Steinberg, editors,
Maui, July 24--27, 1997. (uuencoded, compressed postscript)
- Robert M. Corless and Jacek Rokicki, ``The Symbolic
Generation of Finite Difference Formulae'', Proceedings
ICIAM '96, Hamburg, to appear
Longer version (technical report).
- Robert M. Corless, ``Symbolic Computation in Nonlinear
Dynamics'', Proceedings of Let's Face Chaos Through Nonlinear
Dynamics, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1993
(Compressed Postscript Form)