Next: Educational Leadership
Up: Professional Development
Previous: Professional Development
- Perspectives on Teaching, September 1997.
- Innovation in Teaching Workshop, Guelph, May 1997. The talk by
Robert J. Young (1997 CASE Professor of the Year) was one
of the most thought-provoking and motivational talks on teaching
I have ever attended. I highly recommend getting him to come to
Western. His talk emphasized many crucial virtues of traditional
methods of instruction, including (formal) personal contact.
- EDO Fall 1987: How to use overheads (I attended this in 1987, and
unfortunately I have forgotten the speaker's name: however, I use
his lessons in every talk I give with overheads.)
- EDO (date unrecorded): Ray Rasmussen. His technique of requiring
the students to read some of the material themselves really works.
- EDO (date unrecorded): Pat Rogers `You Can't do That in My
Classroom'. Her ideas
on discussion groups in class and going out into the class to work with
the students also really work.
Fri Jan 9 10:26:41 EST 1998